Conversation Starters (Utrecht)
According to the 2022 World mental health report, about one in eight people in the world live with a mental health disorder. So, imagine if Utrecht has around 565 thousand residents, then approximately 70 thousand of them might be struggling with their mental well-being. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders and PTSD step into our day-to-day routine leaving a huge impact on every aspect of life.
That why despite the fact whether you are the one facing a mental health issue or that is your friend, partner, family member, etc., we want to give a space to open up. At our events, we start the conversation about mental illnesses and break both social and personal stigma towards those. By sharing individual stories, we become aware how any person carries their own story and how fruitful it is to be vulnerable with each other.
Listen to Yorick’s experience with mental health struggles and the lessons and insights she’s learned along the way. Ask questions, share something yourself and/or connect with others. Feel heard, seen and understood.
What to expect?
- A safe environment with a limited number of people attending
- Personal stories about the experience of struggling with different mental illnesses
- A place to share your own worries regarding mental illnesses
- A lovely venue to meet new people
- Needed support, acceptance and understanding
- It might be scary or overwhelming to come alone, so please don’t hesitate to take someone with you
- Do not feel obliged to share your own experiences and stories, do so only if you feel like you would like to share
- Write your impressions of our event in social media and do not forget to tag us, so that more people would join our foundation
Let’s Break the Shame, together!