Get Togethers (Groningen)
Get together, connect with others and talk in smaller groups about boundaries, self-love, acceptance and team building. Feel heard, seen and understood.
According to the 2022 World mental health report, about one in eight people in the world live with a mental health disorder. So, imagine if Groningen has around 200 thousand residents, then approximately 25 thousand of them might be struggling with their mental well-being. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders and PTSD step into our day-to-day routine leaving a huge impact on every aspect of life.
That is why despite the fact whether you are the one facing a mental health issue or that is your friend, partner, family member, etc., we want to give a space to open up. At our events, we can get together and talk in smaller groups about boundaries, self-love, acceptance and team building.
Get a chance to hear our Co-President Iris talk about her mental health journey and the lessons she’s learned along the way.
What to expect?
- A safe environment with a limited number of people attending
- Opportunity to share your questions and/or struggles in our Mental Health Box, which will be discussed (anonymously) in small groups
- Conversations in small groups, led by a host and accommodated by volunteers
- Short, but fun games to break the ice and talk about mental health in a lighter way than it is usually addressed
- Personal stories about the experience of struggling with different mental illnesses
- A place to share your own worries regarding mental illnesses
- A lovely venue to meet new people
- Needed support, acceptance and understanding
- It might be scary or overwhelming to come alone, so please don’t hesitate to take someone with you
- Do not feel obliged to share your own experiences and stories, do so only if you feel like you would like to share
- Write your impressions of our event in social media and do not forget to tag us, so that more people would join our foundation
Let’s Break the Shame, together!