Get Togethers (The Hague)
Get together, connect with others and talk in smaller groups about boundaries, self-love, acceptance and team building with your host Nick. Feel heard, seen and understood.
According to the 2022 World mental health report, about one in eight people in the world live with a mental health disorder. So, imagine if the Hague has around 515 thousands residents, then approximately 65 thousand of them might be struggling with their mental well-being. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders and PTSD step into our day-to-day routine leaving a huge impact on every aspect of life.
That is why despite the fact whether you are the one facing a mental health issue or that is your friend, partner, family member, etc., we want to give a space to open up. At our events, we can get together and talk in smaller groups about boundaries, self-love, acceptance and team building.
What to expect?
- A safe environment with a limited number of people attending
- Opportunity to share your questions and/or struggles in our Mental Health Box, which will be discussed (anonymously) in small groups
- Conversations in small groups, led by a host and accommodated by volunteers
- Short, but fun games to break the ice and talk about mental health in a lighter way than it is usually addressed
- Personal stories about the experience of struggling with different mental illnesses
- A place to share your own worries regarding mental illnesses
- A lovely venue to meet new people
- Needed support, acceptance and understanding
- It might be scary or overwhelming to come alone, so please don’t hesitate to take someone with you
- Do not feel obliged to share your own experiences and stories, do so only if you feel like you would like to share
- Write your impressions of our event in social media and do not forget to tag us, so that more people would join our foundation
Let’s Break the Shame, together!